I can't take credit for this recipe- I found this recipe on this website:
However, I did modify that recipe a bit. I only bought a jar of only 6.5 cups of rolled oats, so the 10 cups called for obviously didn't apply to me, so I simply halved all of the measurements. I find that easier, as I made 10 half-cup packets of oatmeal, and I would have no room for 20!
But that's the whole point of recipes- making it your own.
This is the complete recipe to my #1 Meatloaf. This is the meatloaf that got me started on my meatloaf obsession in the first place, although I used ground beef instead of tofu, which is what this recipe calls for.
You will need:
1/2 onion, diced and sauteed(I used olive oil but you can use whatever you want.)
1/2 cup of ketchup
1/2 cup of dried cranberries
1/2 cup of dried, diced apples(I got mine from www.nuts.com)
Pinch of kosher salt
Pinch of black pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup of instant oatmeal packets( I made mine homemade, I'll post that recipe soon.)
1 pound of extra firm tofu, chopped into small blocks(1 block of tofu from a supermarket is sufficient)
1 Lasagna Pan
Nonstick Cooking Spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Mix all ingredients listed above in big bowl, until the ketchup and dried fruits are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
3. Spray nonstick cooking spray on lasagna pan.
4. Using your bare hands(wash your hands first!), form the mixture into two loaves(or if you can form it into one big loaf) in the lasagna pan.
5. When the oven is done preheating, put the meatloaf in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
6. Bon Appetit!
Reflections on Recipe: I tasted more cranberry than apple in the meatloaf so if I were to make this recipe again, I would the reduce the amount of cranberries to 1/3 cup. But otherwise it tasted yummy.