sky bar ice cream
One of the most innovative candy bars I know of is turned into a delicious, homemade ice cream, complete with all the components of a Sky Bar, as well as said candy bars too!
It's a shame Necco(the maker of Sky Bars) shut down because they made one of the most creative candy bars known to humanity- the Sky Bar, which has 4 sections: caramel, vanilla, peanut, and fudge. So I thought to myself, "wouldn't it be awesome to make an ice cream that also has those 4 sections of a Sky Bar?"
I remember buying Sky Bars when I was a kid at a local pharmacy with my mom. It's a shame that both my mom and that pharmacy are now gone.
Of course I had to take some creative liberties when it came to the sections: in the actual bars, peanut-flavored caramel, which is a thing is used, but that's kinda hard to find so I just used some good 'ol fashioned peanut butter instead. As for the vanilla part, the vanilla part in a Sky Bar is said to have the consistency of a Valomilk cup, which itself is hard to find too, but it's basically a milk chocolate cup filled with marshmallow cream, so I used vanilla frosting instead. The only fudge I could find at my supermarket were mini fudge brownies, which is not part of a Sky Bar.
I wish I bought more chocolate milk because 2 cups really isn't much when it comes to making ice cream. But then again, when I recorded this video, I had just gotten my top surgery date so time was of the essence to record a video before I needed to recover. This recipe was kind of a spur of the moment-type deal.
But this ice cream is so addicting and all the sections of the Sky Bar ice cream tasted better frozen. Though it was kind of a pain in the ass to scoop out the frozen sections and by that I mean it took a lot of elbow strength to get them out of the tub.
Honestly, this ice cream is probably the most fun I've had making out of all the ice cream videos I've made on this channel.
My dad said the ice cream tasted like it came from an ice cream parlor!
HELPFUL LINK: Sky Bars: www.amazon.com/Sky-Bar-1-5-24-count/dp/B008H4WLLC
You will need:
For the cooking equipment:
An ice cream maker
An ice cream tub
For the ice cream:
2 cups full-fat chocolate milk
5 Sky Bars(see HELPFUL LINK)
3 mini fudge brownies
1. Turn the ice cream maker on and pour the chocolate milk into the maker. Let the ice cream churn for 11 minutes.
2. Break apart 4 Sky Bars into quarters and then cut those quarters in half. Put the Sky Bar pieces into the ice cream maker.
3. Push everything down with a spoon so the candy churns with the ice cream. Let the ice cream churn for another 3 minutes.
4. Turn the ice cream maker off and put 1/3 of the ice cream into an ice cream tub. Top 1/4 of that ice cream with caramel sauce, another 1/4 with vanilla frosting, another 1/4 with peanut butter, and the last 1/4 with 1 mini fudge brownie.
5. Top the toppings w/ another 1/3 of the ice cream. Repeat step 4, except this time put in 2 mini fudge brownies.
6. Top those toppings with the rest of the ice cream. Break apart another Sky Bar into quarters and place them on top of the ice cream.
7. Put the lid on the ice cream tub and place in the freezer overnight.