I may not be the best person to come up with a meatloaf based off a 4th of July party since in all honesty, I've never been to a 4th of July party. However, I've been to many barbecues. I based this meatloaf off of the Mother's Day celebration my family had, which was a barbecue.
My dad was amazed when he saw all the ingredients that were going to be in this meatloaf. He said most people bring all of the items to a cookout individually, while his daughter is creative enough to put all of those items into a meatloaf!
You will need:
For the cooking equipment:
A large bowl
A loaf pan
Nonstick cooking spray
For the meatloaf:
2/3 tbsp. of onion powder
2 beaten and whisked eggs
1/2 cup of French-fried onions
1/2 cup of potato salad or egg salad(I used potato salad with egg, because that's what my local supermarket had for sale, without me having to wait 30 minutes on the deli line just for egg salad)
1/2 cup of macaroni salad
3 chopped up pieces of watermelon
1/2 cup of Russian dressing
1 cup of crushed BBQ potato chips
1/2 cup of unseasoned breadcrumbs
1 pound of 93% ground beef
2 beef frankfurters
2 slices of American cheese
1. Put the first 10 ingredients into a large bowl.
2. Mix the ingredients up in the large bowl until you get a cohesive, firm meatloaf mixture.
3. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Put half of the meatloaf mixture into the loaf pan.
5. Top that bottom layer in the meatloaf mixture with the frankfurters and American cheese.
6. Top the frankfurters and American cheese with the rest of the meatloaf mixture.
7. Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 60-65 minutes(it took me 70), or until the internal temperature of the meatloaf(using a meat thermometer) reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Bon appetit!