Avocado toast meatloaf
I noticed on the Internet that Avocado Toast has become very popular when it comes to food dishes, so being the Meatloaf Princess that I am, I decided to my take on this artisanal toast in the form of meatloaf. Instead of using actual toast, I used breadcrumbs instead. The breadcrumbs symbolize the "Toast" in "Avocado Toast".
For the cooking vessel, you will need:
A lasagna pan
Nonstick cooking spray
For the actual meatloaf, you will need:
1/2 a sauteed onion(I sauteed my onion in olive oil; the choice of oil is yours)
2 beaten eggs
1 cup of whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 avocado, peeled and spooned out(Playing with the avocado pit is optional)
Salt and pepper
1 pound of chopped, drained extra firm tofu
1. Wash your hands! :)
2. Put sauteed onion and beaten eggs in a large bowl.
3. Add rest of ingredients to the large bowl.
4. Mix the ingredients until the avocado is distributed evenly among the mixture(you may need to use your hands for this step to break the tofu and avocado into the smallest pieces possible).
5. Spray lasagna pan with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Form 2 loaves from the meatloaf mixture in the lasagna pan.
7. Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
8. Bon appetit!
Leave a Reply.