Having still had some birthday cake soda left over, I decided to make a tofu dessert meatloaf(I am the Meatloaf Princess after all!). Crumbled up cake doesn't bind a meatloaf very well, so I had to put some plain breadcrumbs into the meatloaf mixture.
The tofu was bland but if I put any other spices in it besides basic salt and pepper, it would taste a lot less like a birthday cake or party cake. The birthday cake kisses melted entirely when the meatloaf was baking but the outsides of the meatloaf tasted like those kisses, only it reminded me of caramelized sugar(which doesn't have anything to do with caramel- or maybe it does!)
You can't have a birthday cake without frosting, so I separated the frosting from the cake of the generic party cake I used and I put the frosting on top of the finished meatloaf, though the meatloaves looked conjoined and given the location of the frosting on the meatloaves, they look suspiciously a lot like breasts(and not the type that come from a chicken either)!
Birthday Cake Soda:
Birthday Cake Kisses: https://www.amazon.com/Hersheys-Kisses-Birthday-Cake-Flavor/dp/B01LYB6YCH/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1481735190&sr=8-1&
You will need:
For the cooking equipment:
A large bowl
Nonstick cooking spray
For the meatloaf:
2/3 tbsp. onion powder
2 beaten and whisked eggs
1/2 cup Birthday Cake Kisses(about 22 Kisses)(see HELPFUL LINK)\
1/2 cup Birthday Cake Soda(see HELPFUL LINK)
1 cup crumbled up generic party cake without the frosting or the frosting removed
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
1 lb. chopped, drained, crumbled up firm tofu
1. Set the frosting removed from the cake to the side for now.
2. Put all ingredients except for the plain breadcrumbs and frosting into a large bowl.
3. Mix all the ingredients up. You probably won't get a firm mixture at this point, so add some plain breadcrumbs until you get the mixtue to be slightly firm.
4. Spray a lasagna pan with nonstick cooking spray.
5. Form 2 loaves in the lasagna pan.
6. Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 40-45 minutes.
7. Take the meatloaves out of the oven and top them with the frosting you set aside in step 1.
8. Bon appetit!