Father's Day is coming up next week in the USA and my dad has been a big help to me in creating my videos for my channel. He's my cameraman and I love him very much. He is a traditionalist when it comes to meatloaf- he doesn't like meatloaf without any actual meat in it and most of my meatloaf creations are made with tofu, so this meatloaf is extra special. The meatloaf he likes has to be savory and not sweet. He actually ate it for dinner.
But that's not my only inspiration for this meatloaf. In case you haven't heard, Olive Garden just added two new menu items- they're both sandwiches in which the bread is the restaurant's famous breadsticks. Disclaimer and note: I am NOT sponsored by Olive Garden. One of the items is a breadstick meatball sandwich. I ordered some breadsticks over the Internet. In addition, I bought some butter spray and Olive Garden's garlic and herb seasoning at a local supermarket because Olive Garden's breadsticks are buttery and garlicky.
I initially thought the white stuff on Olive Garden's meatballs in the sandwich was mozzarella cheese but when I read the actual description of this menu item, it turns out that it's actually Alfredo sauce. Why anyone would want a sandwich with Alfredo sauce AND tomato sauce on it is beyond my comprehension though. Besides, mozzarella is something my dad likes and this is a meatloaf for Father's Day after all.
When all is said and done, the meatloaf probably didn't taste like the actual breadstick meatball sandwich at Olive Garden. Not that I actually tried it, although I would like to someday. I think the tomato sauce evaporated during the cooking of the meatloaf. :(
But it was cheesy and slightly garlicky, but not enough of a garlic taste to repel the vampires from Twilight or even Dracula himself. :)
For the cooking vessel, you will need:
1 Lasagna Pan
Nonstick cooking spray
For the actual meatloaf, you will need:
1/2 sauteed onion
2 beaten eggs
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup of tomato sauce
3/4 cup of crushed garlic breadsticks
Garlic and herbs to taste
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Butter spray to taste
1 pound of 93% ground beef
1. Wash your hands. :)
2. Put the sauteed onion and beaten eggs into a large bowl.
3. Add the mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce to the mixture in the large bowl.
4. Crush some garlic breadsticks with your hands(or put them in a food processor) until you get 3/4 of a cup of that ingredient.
5. Put crushed garlic breadsticks in the mixture.
6. Add garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper to mixture.
7 Spray the mixture with some butter spray.
8. Add the ground beef. I tore the ground beef into smaller pieces and added those pieces into the mixture until the ground beef covered all the ingredients beneath it. Some people just put the entire pound of ground beef into the mixture but do what makes you happy.
9. Mix all the ingredients in the large bowl together until the ingredients are distributed evenly among the mixture.
10. Spray a lasagna pan with nonstick cooking spray.
11. Form two loaves from the meatloaf mixture.
12. Put in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven until the internal temperature of the ground beef is 165 degrees Fahrenheit. It took 65 minutes for that to happen for me, but YMMV(your mileage may vary; it's Internet slang. Get used to it.)
13. Bon appetit!