Celebrate any eclipse viewing with this meatloaf, which has all the components of any eclipse in the sky!
The Great American Eclipse was 5 days ago but I filmed this video that day and today I'm uploading the video.
I thought of all the components of a solar eclipse and was able to think of a food item related to each one:
The meatloaf tasted like an Oreo pancake with marshmallows(from the moon pies) and the first taste in my mouth was the sunflower seed butter, which tastes like a mild version of peanut butter. The chocolate layer of the moon pies melted into the meatloaf. What I didn't taste was the beer and cayenne pepper.
You might be wondering why I didn't use Eclipse gum in this meatloaf, even though it would've been totally obvious given the theme of the meatloaf- I don't like bubblegum, or any type of gum for that matter because I don't understand why you'd put something in your mouth you can't swallow besides floss, a toothbrush, and toothpaste.
I didn't live in the path of totality but I saw a partial 70% eclipse. My bosses at my day job had the foresight to buy the employees eclipse glasses and we timed our lunch break to the peak of the eclipse, which looked like the moon was on fire, which was pretty cool.
My dad didn't try this meatloaf because it had chocolate and beer in it.
You will need:
For the cooking equipment:
A large bowl
Nonstick cooking spray
A lasagna pan
For the meatloaf:
2/3 tbsp. onion powder
2 beaten and whisked eggs
2-3 moon pies
1/4 cup sunflower seed butter
1/4 cup Corona beer
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Pinch of black pepper
Pinch of salt
9 Oreo cookies without cream
1/2 cup crushed Total cereal(use a Ziploc bag to crush them up)
1 pound chopped, drained, crumbled up, firm tofu
1. Put the onion powder and eggs into a large bowl. Crumble up the moon pies and put them into the large bowl as well.
2. Add the next 5 ingredients. Separate the Oreo cookies from the cream and put the cookies into a Ziploc bag. Crush the cookies until they have a crumb consistency. Pour that and the crushed Total cereal into the large bowl, along with the tofu.
3. Mix all the ingredients up until you get a firm mixture.
4. Spray a lasagna pan with nonstick cooking spray. Form 2 loaves from the meatloaf mixture.
5. Bake the meatloaves in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 40-45 minutes. Bon appetit!