A few weeks ago, I found a video on YouTube "POPSUGAR Food" made about replicating Sonic's Extreme Tater Tots item that was recently discontinued. I had some zucchini fries in the freezer that I bought at Trader Joe's and I decided to make a tofu meatloaf where it's Extreme Tater Tots substituted with Zucchini Fries.
The Extreme Tater Tots had ranch dressing, onions, cheddar cheese, chili, and pickled jalapenos on top of the tater tots. I don't normally like to eat jalapenos but I wanted to stick to the Extreme Tater Tots recipe as best as I could. Plus I couldn't find pickled jalapenos so canned jalapenos had to do.
You will need:
For the cooking vessels:
A lasagna pan
Nonstick cooking spray
For the actual meatloaf, you will need:
1/2 a sauteed onion
2 beaten and whisked eggs
1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of ranch dressing
1/4 cup of vegetarian chili(I think the Extreme Tater Tots used a meat-based chili but i wanted to keep my meatloaf vegetarian)
4 jalapeno slices(you can use fresh jalapenos but I used the type that come in a can)
1 1/3 cups of cooked zucchini fries(I bought mine at Trader Joe's, but if you don't have a Trader Joe's nearby or can't find premade zucchini fries, check out this link I found on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Dominex-Breaded-Zucchini-Fries-Pound/dp/B00V2LO82M/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1440084765&sr=1-1)
Pinch of salt and black pepper
1 pound of chopped, drained, firm tofu
1. Wash your hands!
2. Add the first 5 ingredients to a large bowl.
3. Break the zucchini fries into smaller pieces using your hands. Put the zucchini fries in the large bowl.
4. Add the salt, black pepper, and tofu to the large bowl.
5. Mix(combine) all the ingredients.
6. Spray a lasagna pan with nonstick cooking spray.
7. Form 2 loaves from the meatloaf mixture in the lasagna pan.
8. Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
9. Bon appetit!