This is my recipe for my French Fry Cookie Meatloaf. I came up with this idea from two foods I remembered eating in 2nd grade: french fries at the field trip to the Museum of Natural History and an activity my class did when we were learning about paleontology/dinosaurs. That activity involved each kid getting 1 chocolate chip cookie. Each kid had to "excavate" the cookie for chocolate chips. I remember finding 12 chips in my cookie, which is why I put 12 chocolate chips in this recipe. Fun fact: The kid with the most amount of chips in her cookie had 38 chips! I have a very good memory since that was in 1999.
Anyways, enough reminiscing. Here's the recipe. You will need:
1/2 onion, sauteed in olive oil
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup of chopped French Fries(see Note on bottom)
1/2 cup of chopped Chocolate Chip Cookies(I used the Chips Ahoy brand; this is approximately 5 cookies)
12 chocolate chips(or how many you want in your meatloaf. The choice is yours.)
Pinch of Black Pepper
Pinch of Kosher Salt
1 pound of extra firm tofu, chopped
Nonstick cooking spray
1 Lasagna Pan
1. Wash your hands. :)
2. Put first 8 ingredients in large bowl, except for the chocolate chips.
3. Mix ingredients in large bowl into mixture. Ideally, you want all the ingredients to be distributed evenly throughout the mixture.
4. Spray lasagna pan with nonstick cooking spray.
5. Form 2 loaves in the lasagna pan using your hands.
6. If you want, you can make a smiley face on your meatloaf using the chocolate chips.
7. After preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, put loaves in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
8. Bon appetit!
Note: You should use French Fries that are already cooked but cooled down in a refrigerator. I put my fries in the fridge for an hour after they were done baking to make them have a soft "leftover" texture. Don't use raw French Fries in your meatloaf.
Note 2: You probably shouldn't be putting chocolate chips or chocolate chip cookies in your meatloaf if you are diabetic or sensitive to sugar.