You may be wondering why I called this meatloaf "French Toast Gone Wild". Well, to me the "Gone Wild" part means it's got every version I could find of a particular ingredient or dish. In this case, I was able to find frozen French Toast that can be cooked in a microwave, French Toast Crunch cereal, and 3 varieties of French Toast-flavored donuts that are limited edition at a local supermarket I shop at. It's also a reference to those explicit "Girls Gone Wild" videos from the '90s and 2000s. Because to me, my meatloaf has gone wild. And so have I apparently.
Here's the recipe:
For the cooking vessel, you will need:
1 Lasagna Pan
Nonstick cooking spray
For the actual meatloaf, you will need:
1/2 sauteed onion(I sauteed mine in olive oil but you could use other types of cooking oils)
2 beaten eggs
1/2 cup of ketchup(I was going to put 1/2 cup of maple syrup but I thought that would make the meatloaf taste too sweet).
1/4 cup of French Toast Crunch cereal
1 slice of French Toast(either microwaved from a frozen state or if you're adventurous, you could use your own homemade French Toast. But in my opinion, that's too much culinary effort to put in for just one ingredient in a meatloaf)
1 plain French Toast donut
1 powdered French Toast donut
1 cinnamon French Toast donut
Cinnamon to taste
Maple syrup to taste(to me, you can't have French Toast without cinnamon and maple syrup)
Black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1 pound of chopped & drained extra firm tofu
1. Wash your hands. :)
2. Put first four ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Tear the donuts and French Toast slice into the smallest pieces possible(or you could use a food processor to do the job for you).
4. Put torn ingredients in the large bowl.
5. Add the last five ingredients in the large bowl.
6. Mix all the ingredients together using a large spoon.
7. Spray lasagna pan with nonstick cooking spray.
8. Form two loaves from the mixture.
9. Bake in oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40-45 minutes.
10. Bon appetit!