NOTE: MEATLOAF PRINCESS IS NOT SPONSORED BY CRUCIAL DETAIL!
Why did I say this? It's because I'm going to rave on a product I found on the Interwebs- it's called the Porthole Infuser! Doesn't sound like it has anything to do with food, but it does, trust me! It's a really quick way to infuse liquids due to the device's tight space. My dad says it's silly to have such a complicated device just to infuse water but some bartenders use it often to make cocktails.
I have to admit the manual to assemble the device is a bit complicated- it's like the Ikea manuals that just have images and no text. Plus there are a lot of small screws. But if you ever lose them, you can either reorder them through Crucial Detail(the company that makes the Porthole infuser) at http://www.theportholeinfuser.com or get the replacement parts at Home Depot or Lowe's(I never thought I'd be talking about those stores on this channel).
You also have to make sure the device is fully closed so no liquid leaks out.
But my day job working with industrial machines(that's all I'm going to say) has prepared me to assemble the device.
The infused water may look like urine(!) but it tastes like cinnamon, maple syrup, and sugar. Even my dad enjoyed his glass of infused water!
Just remember to follow food safety rules when using this device. That means no infusing oil with garlic(seriously, that's what the manual said) or infusing liquid with raw meats(but that's kind of self-explanatory, or maybe not).
HELPFUL LINK: Maple Water(https://www.amazon.com/DRINKmaple-Pure-Maple-Water-Ounce/dp/B00YNJQ1QG/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1469396753&sr=8-3&)
You will need:
For the cooking equipment:
A Porthole Infuser(http://www.theportholeinfuser.com)
For the food:
2 cinnamon French Toast sticks, slightly warm(you're not supposed to use hot liquids in the Porthole Infuser because that might break the glass)
3 cinnamon sticks
French Toast Crunch cereal
1 cup of water
1 tbsp. of pure 100% maple syrup
Enough maple water to fill the Porthole Infuser to the top(see HELPFUL LINK)
1. Lay the Porthole down with it open so you can put in the first 3 ingredients.
2. Attach both glass panes according to the Porthole's Manual. Make sure the Porthole is fully shut!
3. Mix water and pure maple syrup together.
4. Lay newspaper or paper towels down on your surface. Put Porthole on top of it. Pour the water mixed with maple syrup into the spout. If you have a cocktail funnel, use it! It'll make your life a lot more simpler(well, at least for this recipe).
5. Pour the maple water into the spout.
6. Let the water infuse for 1 hour.
7. After 30 minutes, turn the Porthole around 180 degrees. Then let the Porthole finish infusing.
8. Pour the infused water into a glass. Bon appetit!