I have had bad luck with savory gelatin recipes lately- the Kimchi Juice Jello turned out to be too spicy and this Guacamole Jello turned out to be OK, but bad enough that I disposed of the remaining Guac jello. It tasted like Thanksgiving stuffing. Weird. At least it was an experiment. But here's the recipe if you do want to try it:
You will need:
For the cooking equipment:
A large saucepot
A large bowl
6-8 small bowls
Newspaper or paper towels to protect your tablecloth
For the jello:
3 cups of water
1 large package of Lime Jello mix
2 packets of unflavored gelatin
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of coconut milk
1/3 cup of mayonnaise
8 ounces of mild guacamole
1. Put the water into the large saucepot and on the stove, bring the water to a boil.
2. Once the water is boiling, turn the flame off.
3. Add the jello mix, unflavored gelatin packets, and sugar to the boiling water. Stir everything for up to 2 minutes, or until the unflavored gelatin has dissolved. Let the mixture cool off. You can tell when the gelatin mixture has cooled off when you don't see steam coming from the saucepot.
4. Mix the coconut milk, mayonnaise, and guacamole together in a large bowl.
5. Put the guacamole mixture into the gelatin mixture. Mix the two mixtures together in the large saucepot.
6. With newspaper or paper towels protecting your tablecloth, pour the now combined guacamole jello mixture into the small bowls.
7. Cover the small bowls with plastic wrap.
8. Put the bowls in the fridge for at least 4 hours to let the gelatin set.
9. Bon appetit?