Once I saw the movie trailer of the new movie "Inside Out"(http://movies.disney.com/inside-out/), my mind started thinking of how all the colorful emotions(they're characters) can be turned into some sort of meatloaf that represents each character with an ingredient that might evoke that particular emotion for me.
For example, I get angry if I put chili powder in my mouth because it's very spicy.
Plus the character Anger is red.
Wasabi is disgusting(hence the character Disgust, who is green); I don't even know why it comes with sushi. They say it's a palate cleanser but all I get when I eat it is a burning mouth. Eww!
Eggplant represents the character Fear(who is purple) because i was afraid when the eggplant was slipping and sliding all over the baking tray as I put it in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven to bake.
Blue corn taco shells represent the character Sadness because there are not many edible foods that are naturally blue, which make me sad. Some might even argue blue corn taco shells are actually purple.
Tofu and dried blueberries represent Joy because with tofu, it brings me joy to know that no animals had to die for this meatloaf. The blueberries are sweet and counteract the chili powder and the wasabi. Blueberries also provide a sweet taste to the meatloaf.
Yea, ketchup has nothing to do with the movie. But it does counteract the angry burning sensation in my mouth from the chili powder.
For the cooking vessel, you will need:
A lasagna pan
Nonstick cooking spray
For the actual meatloaf, you will need:
You will need:
1/2 a sauteed onion
3 or 4 blue corn taco shells
1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
1/2 cup of ketchup
1 baked eggplant
A pinch of wasabi vinaigrette or diluted wasabi.
1/2 cup of dried blueberries
Salt and black pepper
1 pound of chopped & drained extra firm tofu
1. Wash your hands! :)
2. Put sauteed onion in a large bowl.
3. Beat and whisk 2 eggs. Put whisked eggs in large bowl.
4. Break blue corn taco shells into the smallest pieces possible. Then put crushed shells into large bowl.
5. Put chili powder and ketchup into large bowl. Eating the chili powder is optional.
6. Break the baked eggplant into the smallest pieces possible. You might get splashed with eggplant juice in the process and the skin may be hard to tear apart. Put eggplant pieces in large bowl.
7. Put last five ingredients in large bowl.
8. Mix the ingredients until the ingredients are distributed evenly among the meatloaf mixture. The eggplant may not mix very well in the mixture but do your best.
9. Spray lasagna pan with nonstick cooking spray.
10. Form two loaves in the lasagna pan using the meatloaf mixture.
11. Bake in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 40-45 minutes.
12. Bon Appetit!