These Doritos have got to be the spiciest thing I've ever eaten! They were so spicy, I only ate a measly 4 chips before throwing the rest out! But hey, it was worth a try!
You might be wondering where I managed to find kimchi seasoning- I found it at a small, Filipino Asian grocery a few months back and when I saw this article: http://www.fandm.spoonuniversity.com/2015/02/18/make-homemade-cool-ranch-doritos-15-minutes/, I knew I had to make my own Doritos and I just happened to have kimchi seasoning.
I looked at the ingredients of the seasoning mix and the only pepper I saw on it was "chili pepper", which can mean many things, since there are many types of chili peppers. But I imagine this is what ghost peppers(those super spicy peppers) taste like- not that I ever tried ghost peppers nor that I ever will but still, these chips were extremely spicy.
This recipe only uses 3 ingredients! My dad was the smart one in this video- he only ate the tip of one chip yet he still felt all the spice from that chip.
HELPFUL LINK: Kimchi seasoning: https://www.amazon.com/NOH-Korean-Kim-Chee-Seasoning/dp/B00013VAVE/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1475439152&sr=8-2&
You will need:
For the cooking equipment:
A large bowl
A pizza cutter
A large baking sheet or cookie tray
Nonstick cooking spray
For the chips:
4 large corn tortillas
4 tbsp. of olive oil
Kimchi seasoning(see HELPFUL LINK)
1. Cut each corn tortilla into eighths- these will be the chips. Put all the chips into a large bowl.
2. Pour olive oil into the large bowl and coat the chips in the oil.
3. Spray a large baking sheet or cookie tray with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Put all of the chips onto the baking sheet or cookie tray in one layer with some space in between each chip.
5. Bake the chips in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 minutes.
6. Take the chips out of the oven and let them rest at room temperature for an additional 10 minutes.
7. Put the chips into a Ziploc bag and pour the kimchi seasoning into the bag. Close the bag and shake the chips and seasoning up so that the chips are coated in kimchi seasoning(they should be orange in color, just like store-bought Doritos).
8. Serve with a glass of milk. Bon appetit!