I remember eating Kellogg's S'morz cereal back when I was 12. It was so good! Then it got discontinued and I was sad. But years went by until S'morz cereal was finally back in stores(along with many foodstuffs from the '90s, because millennials), just not in my local supermarket. But that's where Amazon comes in! The link on where you can get this glorious cereal is in the HELPFUL LINK below!
I used S'morz cereal in a previous recipe when I made S'mores Deluxe Pancakes, but S'morz cereal is so good, I thought it deserved its own ice cream flavor. You might be wondering, "Why not a S"mores Deluxe Ice Cream?" Answer: My ice cream maker can only fit so many add-ins like cereal before the engine in the maker starts slowing down. :(
But I also figured if I add graham crackers and chocolate chunks, it would detract from the S'morz cereal in the ice cream.
I was going to make a chocolate swirl for this ice cream but I didn't realize that would take 2 hours when I realized I only had 30 minutes to chill the ice cream base before pouring it into the ice cream maker.
You might not be able to fit many add-ins into an ice cream maker but you can put them in between layers of the ice cream when you pour it into an ice cream tub, not to mention put some add-ins on top of the ice cream!
Even my dad, who isn't a fan of chocolate ice cream(his favorite flavor is plain ol' vanilla), loved this ice cream! It's simple too!
HELPFUL LINK: S'morz Cereal: https://www.amazon.com/Kelloggs-Cereal-Smorz-10-20-Ounce/dp/B01ALC0182/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1474228199&sr=1-1&
Inspiration for this recipe from http://icecream.about.com/od/ice-cream-frozen-custard/r/Easy-Chocolate-Ice-Cream-Recipe.htm
You will need:
For the cooking equipment:
A large bowl
An ice cream maker
An ice cream tub
For the ice cream:
2 cups of whole milk
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
1/3 cup of S"morz cereal, plus more for topping in the middle and top of the ice cream(see HELPFUL LINK)
1. Put the first 5 ingredients into a large bowl. Mix all the ingredients together until the sugar and cocoa powder dissolves.
2. Put aluminum foil on top of the large bowl. Put the large bowl in the fridge to let the ice cream base chill for 30 minutes.
3. Turn your ice cream maker on and pour the chilled ice cream base into the ice cream maker. Let the ice cream maker churn for 11-13 minutes.
4. Cut the graham cracker pieces from the S"morz cereal in half(you don't need to do anything to the marshmallows) and put 1/3 cup of the chopped cereal into the ice cream maker. Let the ice cream maker churn for an additional 3-5 minutes.
5. Turn the ice cream maker off and pour half of the ice cream into an ice cream tub.
6. Top the ice cream in the tub with more S'morz cereal(you don't need to cut up the cereal this time). Cover the S"morz cereal with the rest of the ice cream. Top that ice cream with more S'morz cereal.
7. Close the lid on the ice cream tub and put the ice cream in the freezer for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
8. Bon appetit!